Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Still holding on...


In a day or two we’d see each other again. It’s been three months since we saw each other last, and seeing each other again holds a promise that this time, with the two of us finally going to talk in person rather than on the phone, everything will be better, if not great. He’s coming home for the Holy Week, or at least what’s left of it, which is about four days. Four days. It’ll be magical. But I don’t need four days. A day would be enough for me, and he promised me one. He always tells me he misses me, although sometimes I don’t really see that he’s trying to do something about it. But I don’t blame him. He has his own way of coping, so who am I to judge him? Probably the ‘i-don’t-care’ act he displays from time to time is actually his way of showing he misses me but can’t really voice it out. Sometimes I feel he is intimidated, and I have done my part- I try to level with him, which I know isn’t always healthy suppressing the things that makes me me. And I have read somewhere that a man appears most uncaring when he is afraid. Sometimes I believe it because if I don’t, I may just end up like all those teenage girls who overthink or worse, end up the relationship even if the reason is something ambiguous. We need to open our minds. We need to understand our differences.  People are different from each other.  If two people are the same then one of them is unnecessary, don’t you think? And I understand him more than anything. I just wish he’d be more understanding about me. He is not, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment